Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mushroom & Chive sauce

This one is very simple & quick. My family loves this & I make it quite often. I almost didn't want to put this on here because I have had 2 people come over that wouldn't eat it- not even taste it. I guess just from the way it looked, they thought it was too fancy & they both said that they like their food more simple. These were 2 different people on 2 different occasions. The thing is that this meal is really simple & as far as mushroom sauces- there are other methods that require harder work. I consider this to be basic, but really good.

I cook boneless skinless chicken breast (4) in a covered griddle or pot with butter. I remove the chicken, leaving the drippings in the pan. I do season the chicken with a chicken seasoning slightly. I pour in a container of mushrooms & stirfry those around for a minute, adding more butter if needed. Pour in one container of heavy cream, add salt, pepper& chives according to taste & bring to a boil. Put the chicken back in, turn to low & stir. Serve over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment