Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baguette with tomato.

I love fresh basil, so I make this often. When I don't have the bread- I will put everything on sliced tomatoes & just bake them. I think that tomatoes are good even if you just slice them in half, salt & pepper really well with fresh parmesan on top & bake. They are very versatile.
Back to the baguettes...
Cut the bread in half & slice each side down the center. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet & drizzle the bread with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle italian seasoning over the olive oil. Layer each piece of bread with thin slices of tomato. (One small tomato should be good for four pieces of bread) salt & pepper the tomatoes. Top with chopped sauteed garlic. I love garlic, so I use 3 cloves. Sprinkle italian cheese blend or any italian cheese on top. I bake this at 350 for about 5 minutes, take it out of the oven & add fresh basil & goats cheese on top. I put it back in the oven for a few minutes & serve.
Olives, capers, peppers can be added as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment