Monday, October 26, 2009

Cooking blog & spinach

Sometimes I can't believe that I write a cooking blog. I'm definitely no Rachel Ray! I'm not even a person that enjoys cooking very much. I guess that is why I like it to be simple & easy because I do enjoy eating! It's not so natural for me, so when I actually make something that I love, I just want to tell everyone. When I was younger, everyone gave me their recipes for chicken & dumplings. Seemed easy enough, but I would ruin them everytime. I'm not even sure why now really because they taste decent when I make them now. Not good enough for me to write a blog about, but edible anyway. I've never liked spinach at all. I always thought it was suppose to be boiled & never understood why anyone liked it. I have had it where it wilted into pasta dishes & thought that was pretty good or in salads. My husband has a cousin that loves food as much as I do & I asked her what her favorite food to eat was & she said spinach!!! I was in shock. She told me how she makes it & I tried it-- I wouldn't say it is my favorite but it sure did make eating spinach much better for me. I don't know why I never thought of it before & the rest of the world probably has, but just in case someone like me stumbles onto this blog- it was very simple. Sautee lots of onions & fresh garlic in olive oil in a pot & slowly add the spinach with some salt. That was all. No water involved & the amount of garlic & onion would depend on taste & how much spinach but for me, I love garlic- so there is never too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment