Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hamburger Casserole

This is one that I have made for a very long time. It is like a Shepards pie but a little different. Some people would still call it a Shepards pie. It was the only way my boys when they were younger, would eat green beans. I am not much of a left over person, but I love this the next day & get in moods where I crave it. I like mine with lots of potatoes & cheese.

2 lbs hamburger
1 onion
1 can of tomato soup
cheddar cheese (1 bag grated)
italian seasoning
6 lg. potatoes

Stirfry the hamburger with chopped onion until done. drain. Add as much italian seasoning as you want. ( I add 2 or 3 tbls)add the tomato soup & mix well.
Put mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish with mashed potatoes on top. Make the mashed potatoes the way that you normally would & definitely salt & pepper them.
Spoon the potatoes on top of the hamburger mixture & smooth down. Add the cheese on top. Cover, bake 20 min. with lid on at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment