Monday, July 13, 2009

Samosas

This is Indian & I love trying samosas in the restaurants. I found a recipe in a womans day magazine that was pretty close. My taste in the sauce is a little different, so I am not sure if other people would like it or not but I will put it on here. In the magazine article, they put to just buy chutney and there are different kinds that most people like more than the mint. I like the mint because I developed a taste for it but changed it around from the way restaurants make it.
Sauce:
3 tbls. mint chutney
2 tbls. coriander chutney
6 tbls. plain yogurt
1 tsp. sugar
stir together

Samosas
Dice up a potato & 1/2 cup onion. Saute together until almost tender. Add to potato & onion mixture 8 oz cooked ground beef.
Stir into mixture: a tbls garlic, 1 tbls, ginger, 2 tbls. curry powder. salt & pepper to taste. Cook for about a minute then stir in a small can of english peas drained & 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cook 2 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Use pie crust that you cut into triangles, add the mixture on top and roll up into triangles. Put on baking sheet, brush lightly with beaten egg and bake 20 min. until golden.

The samosa mixture is really good and some might prefer the pie crust. I liked it, but thought it was pretty thick. Depending on taste, egg roll wrappers could be used for lighter crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment