Monday, September 14, 2009

Portabello Mushrooms

Usually when I make mushrooms, they are sauteed in butter with garlic. A few years ago, I started stuffing them with a breading mixture but my friend Nichole gave me this recipe & I make it often. She actually watched Rachel Ray but she didn't write things down & gave me the wrong recipe. She later found Rachel's recipe on the internet & it called for Ricotta cheese instead of gargonzola. I like the gargonzola with it but never tried ricotta.

I take 4 large portabellos & place the stems in a bowl. I scrape out the gills & throw them away. Brush the mushrooms off to clean them, dip them in olive oil & place on the grill for a few minutes.
In the bowl with the stems, I add a drained can of artichokes, as much chopped fresh garlic as I feel like chopping or to taste, 1/4 cup of gargonzola- this is also according to taste. It's strong to me, so I don't use so much. I get frozen spinach & squeeze all of the water out until dry-a small handful & add it to the bowl. salt, pepper- mix. Add mixture to the mushrooms, top with parmesean cheese. Put back on the grill until the cheese on top has melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment