Monday, February 22, 2010

food in tubes

I do try to keep a garlic paste in a tube at home, even though I keep plenty of fresh garlic at all times as well. I was in the store the other day & noticed that they have many tubes of food. Even fish in a tube. Out of all of the choices, I decided to try the basil pesto blend. I used a little over half of the tube on pasta. It was tasteless pretty much. I added more with salt & it did get better but I definitely prefer to make my basil pesto homemade like my recipe on here.
On the back of the basil tube, there were many recipes & they may have been good. I tried one of them which was really simple. I added a tablespoon of the basil sauce to 3 oz of cream cheese the mushroom stems chopped from baby portabellos. I mixed the mixture, added it in the mushrooms & baked them for 15 minutes on 350. They weren't great but they were easy, fast & pretty good. We did eat all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment